Wishing all of you a Happy Mid-Autumn Festival. Today posting the last mooncake i made, is Traditional Mooncake with Tau Sar and Lotus paste filling.Everyone seem happy sharing their homemade mooncake all over the blog, facebook.
This traditional mooncake i using the same dough recipe as i do my piggy mooncake.
300gm Plain flour
180gm Golden Syrup
6gm Alkaline Water
76g Cooking oil
Lotus paste or Tau Sar paste ,melon seed, store bought
1 egg Yolk + 1 tsp water
-Mixed the Golden Syrup, alkaline water and cooking oil together, sift in Plain flour , combine all knead it to form a soft dough, covered it and let it rest for 3-4 hours. divide the dough in 20gm each
- Mixed the paste with some melon seed , shape it in a ball size 35gm each
- Wrap the filling with the dough, put in mooncake mould, then press it out, place on baking tray
- Bake at preheated oven @180C for 8mins, take out let it rest for 15mins, apply egg wash
- Bake again @160C for 15-20mins till it turn brown.
- Let it cold down , keep in container for 2-3days to let the skin turn soft.