27 October, 2012
Chai Kuih 菜粿
**1 yam bean (bang kuang) , sherdded
**1 small size carrot , sherdded
**2 slice garlic chopped
1. Heat oil in a wok, put in garlic toast till fragrant
2. Add in yam bean (bang kuang) and carrot, stir fried it for 15mins or till dry.
3. Add in seasonings salt, and pepper, mix well. Leave aside to cool.
**100g Tang Mein four
**60g tapioca flour
**1Tbsp cooking oil
**220g hot boiling water
1. Combine Tang Mein Flour ,Tapioca flour and salt in a big bowl.
2. Add hot boiling water into the bowl, stir with chopstick till combine, add in cooking oil, mix well till form a dough.
3. Cover the dough and leave aside let it cool.
To make the chai kuih
1. I weight each dough 20gm, flatten it , i use a 3" round cap cut out a round shape.
2. Put the filling on it then seal up the skin.
3. Brush some cooking oil on the steaming plate, steam for 10mins.
4. After steamed transfer the 'chai kuih' in plate and brush some oil on it to prevent all stick together.