14 October, 2012
Red Velvet Cupcake
Finally, i bake it and the taste i really like it....especially my little nephew! Cake soft BUT the cheeses topping i beat not hard enough!!
Recipe from "Nasi Lemak Lover" blogger
Red Velvet Cupcakes with cream cheese topping
**Cake flour 150g
**Baking powder 1/2 tsp
**Salt 1/4 tsp
**Cocoa powder 1 tbsp
**unsalted butter 80g (at room temperature)
**Caster sugar 120g
**1 large egg
**Vanilla extract 1/2tsp
**1/2 cup buttermilk, at room temperature
(Buttermilk substitute 1/2cup milk +1/2tbsp lemon juice, set aside for 5mins)
**1 tbsp liquid red food coloring (I use 2tbsp red yeast powder)
**1/2 tsp white distilled vinegar ( I use white rice vinegar)
**1/2 tsp baking soda
1. Preheat oven to 180C. Place cup cake liners on a baking pan.
2. Sift flour, baking powder, salt and cocoa together in a bowl. In a jug, stir the red colouring into the buttermilk. Set aside.
3. In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, followed by vanilla extract until the mixture is smooth.
4. With the mixer on low speed, alternately add the flour and buttermilk in 3 additions, starting and ending with flour. Mix until evenly combined.
5. Combine vinegar and baking soda in a small bowl until it fizzes. Quickly add to the batter and fold through briskly until evenly incorporated.
6. Pour into the prepared cupcake liners and bake in the oven on the middle rack for 25mins or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
7. Remove from oven and let it cool a wire rack.
8. Apply cream cheese for topping and serve. (But i prefer after chilled it)
Cream Cheese Topping
**150g cream cheese( at room temperature)
**40g butter (at room temperature)
**70g icing sugar (sifted)
**1Tbsp lemon juices
**Finely grated lemon zest from 1 lemon
1. Beat cream cheese and butter till light and creamy.
2. Add in icing sugar and mix well on low speed.
3. Add in lemon juices and lemon zest, combine well.
4. Store in fridge for later use.