http://wendyinkk.blogspot.com/). This orange chiffon the best chiffon i bake...all of us like it very much! From the taste , the cake texture, the softness of the cake all GOOD!......so try it out!!
Recipe from "Wendy" (wendyinkk.blogspot.com)
** 115ml Fresh Orange Juice (i use 2 oranges)
** 4 Egg Yolks
** 75ml Corn oil
** 100gm Sugar (i use 80gm sugar)
** 150gm Flour (i use Self Rising Flour omitted Baking Powder)
** 1 tsp Baking Powder
** 1 Tbsp Orange Zest ( i use 2 oranges)
** 4 Egg Whites
** 90gm Sugar
** 1/8 tsp cream of tartar
1. Combine egg yolks, oil, orange juice and sugar, mix well.
2. Sift flour , baking powder into (1) , mix well
3. Stir in orange zest, set aside.
4. Place egg whites into a clean bowl, beat at low speed till it froths add in cream of tartar and continue beat at high speed till soft peak.
5. Put in sugar in 3 intervals and beat till stiff peaks.
6. Pour i 1/4 of the beaten egg whites into (3), fold the egg whites into the batter, follow by another 1/4 of egg white, and another 1/4 egg white fold it.
7. Pour the (6) batter to the remaining 1/4 egg white and fold well. PLEASE DON'T STIR, IS FOLD.
8. Pour the batter into a 22cm chiffon cake pan. Lightly shake it left and right to level the cake.
9. Bake in preheated oven 170C for 40mins (i bake at 165C for 45mins)
10. Invert pan immediately after remove from oven.Leave the cake to cool down this way.
(i leave the cake upside down for about 3 hours then remove from pan and cut with a sharp knife )