Ehm....If you love "Cheese"....You will Love it "Cheese Tart".
I still can remember when is my 1st time made cheese tart. In 2010 request from my cousin..
She ask" Jie, you know how to made cheese tart?" so....this jie jie try lor , bake the cheese tart bring it all the way from Penang to KL for her.....hahahahaha...
My eldest nephew also love it very much.....he can eat 4-6 in one time.....
What u need for Pastry (tart Shell)
* 125g Butter (room temperature)
* 65g Castor Sugar
* 1 Egg yolk (cold)
* 250g Plain flour
* 1 tbsp Cold Water
* ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
for the Filling
* 250g Cream cheese
* 20g Butter
* 60g Sugar
* 1 Egg
How to make Pastry (Tart shell)
1. Cut butter in small cube.
2. Pour the flour on the table top, use finger tips rub the butter with the flour till all flour coat with butter.
3. Then add in sugar mix well with the flour and add in egg yolk fold into a dough.
4. Add in cold water to knead into a smooth pastry dough.
5. Wrap pastry with plastic and leave in fridge for ½ hour.
5. Roll to circular shape and cut with pastry cutter line in tart mould.
6. Using a fork, prick some holes on the base of the pastry. Bake at 180°C for 15-20 minutes.
1. Beat cream cheese, butter and sugar together till light, add in egg and beat till well mixed.
2. Spoon mixture into baked tart shells.
3. Mix 2 tbsp cocoa powder with a small amount of hot water. Mix into a paste.
4. Dip the tip of a chopstick into chocolate paste and draw some patterns on the top of the cheese.
5. Bake at 180°C for 10 minutes.