So i start cook red bean paste and my mini traditional mooncake "not bad" for the 1st trial!!!
The paste just nice not sweet. For Ping Bi the skin i just bought from ingredient shop the premix flour!
So for those want do mooncake still have time....hurry up!!! bake it!!!
Recipe for mooncake skin
~90g Golden syrup
~45g Cooking Oil (i Use Knife Brand)
~1/2tsp Alkaline Water
~1/2tsp Baking Soda
~125g Plain Flour
** Filling can buy ready made, for this mini moocake i use red bean paste (i cooked myself)
1. In a mixing bowl, mix Golden syrup,Oil and Alkaline water,stir it and leave aside for 5 mins.
2. Add in Plain flour and Baking soda , mix well , cover it , let it reast for 75mins.
3. If the dough very sticky , add in some flour.
4 This mini mooncake i use 22g filling and 18g skin.
5. Wrap the filling with the skin put in mould slowly knock out, place on baking tray.
6 Bake in preheated oven @ 160C for 10mins take out brush egg glaze then bake another 15mins.
**Egg glaze - one egg yolk with 1/2 tsp water
Ping Bi (Snow Skin Mooncake)
Recipe and how to do
* 250g Ping Bi Premix Flour
* 60g Shortening
*170g icing sugar
can add color or flavour
**Just mix all the ingredients into a smooth dough
** Wrap in whatever filling you like
** Shape it whatever shape you like
Wait....cannot eat yet.....chill it 1st!!